Tuesday 4 December 2012

November Beauty Favourites!

Sorry about the blurriness! From left: Almay pure blend powder, Revlon perfecting primer, Revlon colorstay foundation, the yellow wand is Mirenesse icon sealer concealer, Daniel Sandler watercolour blush in cherub, two Bobbi Brown mascaras (lash glamour and everything) and the Bioderma crealine h20.



There are quite a few products in my favourites collection this month! I was lucky enough to have gone to Revlon's clearance sale at the Showgrounds and picked up some of the most amazing products for crazy prices! Hence there are a few Revlon items in the pack!


1. Revlon Colorstay foundation for normal/dry skin

Before I even knew about the Revlon sale, I had purchased this foundation in 240 medium beige at Priceline for around the $35ish mark. I absolutely love it and have worn it ever since, and was able to pick up the lighter shades (220 & 200) at the sale for a crazy $3! 

It covers really well, and spreads far so you don't need a lot of the product which is a massive bonus. I haven't had any breakouts since using this, it doesn't cake and it really soaks into your skin rather than the appearance of a thick coat of foundy.

Overall, this foundation is one that I wear when i'm out all day because it really stays on and only minimal applying/touch ups are needed. It's a great foundation and comes in heaps of colours for all skin types and has two ranges, 1) for normal/dry skin and 2) for oily/combination skin.


2. Almay pure blends mineral makeup

What an amazing find - this little beauty transforms my skin into this beautiful, natural glow. It has made my skin look really radiant with full coverage that seems to stay put on my skin! The packaging makes the product so easy to use and it's almost like painting with a paintbrush. The powder just blends seamlessly into the skin and covers any imperfections. There's a click applicator at the other end of the brush which allows control over how much of the product you want on your skin. I also love this product because it's not messy, super easy to use and looks fab! At the Revlon sale these little beauty's were just $3!!! They retail for just under $30 I believe, but I would definitely go out and purchase these. I have the colours 400 and 500. 


3. Daniel Sandler watercolour blush

This tiny little thing is magic! It comes in a small bottle, you shake it before using it each time so the product really mixes well together. I use the most teeniest amount and drop it onto the back of my hand and apply it with my fingers onto the apple of my cheeks. It wasn't cheap - I think I paid around the $30-$35 mark and bought it online from www.feelunique.com which offers free international shipping! 

It's really watery and blends incredibly well. It takes a second to apply and really looks natural because it sets into the skin verse looking powdered or dry on top of your foundation. It's an absolute winner in my eyes and it would last a long time. (Winning!)


4. Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara

Ladies, this is now my all time favourite mascara (in conjunction with the product below)!

This mascara really separates every single lash and doesn't make my eyelashes look at all spidery. It doesn't clump, it doesn't smear and after a few coats it can look quite dramatic. However, if you want an excellent evening look, I apply one or two coats of this mascara and then the product below on top. Another major plus to this - it comes off in a jiffy! I've gone through a few of these too - it's great!


4. Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara

This one has a much thicker brush and adds heaps of volume. It's really black and makes your lashes looks full. It works and stays on all day and night. It doesn't make your eyes look spidery and i find it's sensational on top of a coat of the product above. I am going to purchase this mascara again! I'm a mascara junkie and it takes a lot for me to buy a mascara twice, but when I find one I like I stick with it! These two together are the perfect combo in my opinion. 


5. Revlon photoready perfecting primer 001

I've tried dozens of primers and this is hands down the best primer i've bought from Priceline. It comes on just like a second coat of skin and evens out or corrects skin tones - and it's actually noticeable! It's really smooth and has a matt finish. It doesn't clog up pores and it hasn't caused any breakouts - which some primers have. I have it in a sample size, I got it free after purchasing $40 of Revlon products at Priceline - I'm almost out and will buy the full size version soon!


6. Mirenesse Icon Sealer 24hr concealer 1.5g

Firstly, I love this brand! They're so generous. If you sign up to their newsletter you receive daily deals and some amazing flash sales. So I took advantage of one of them and got this cute little concealer. I use this under my eyes and it stays put and doesn't look cakey. It's light and blends really well and quickly. The formula is creamy and the applicator makes it easy to apply. It provides excellent coverage, is a light formula and really does the trick! It doesn't look like you are actually wearing concealer, it gives a natural awakening appearance. 


7. BIODERMA Créaline H2O

This is a beauty miracle in my opinion! Lisa Eldridge raved about this on her beauty channel and it's truly amazing. It cleanses and removes makeup from the skin and is designed for those with sensitive/normal/dry skin. It's really effective and doesn't irritate the skin or pull off any of your lashes! It's naturally clear, it doesn't smell or feel oily - I literally think i'm cleaning and cleansing my face with water! I got this as a travel size sample bottle in my bellabox(.com.au) and will hunt down this full size product in Melbourne! I believe it's sold in selected stores. :)


2 comments:

  1. Awesome November favorites! I really want to try the Bioderma! First follower! yay!
    Brittney
    http://beautybybrittney02.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following! Bioderma is great, I haven't tried anything as good as this! - Amy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Let's chat?